I am fed up with announcements

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fucile
fucile Regular Member • Posts: 345
Re: I am fed up with announcements

Prairie Pal wrote:

I used to Feast on every photography gear announcement but I am fed up, I am full, I have had enough. I think the current technology would suffice the vast majority of photographers. Gear announcements and releases now belong to categories of the extreme design, or Collectors' editions. The gear I currently have is all I need, and the gear that is available it's probably all I will ever need in the future. In fact I am on a used gear shopping spree for bodies 2 or 3 generations previous for back up and loaners to family.

I am not complaining at all. Just saying that gear is so good now and we are in near Utopia, so most of us can take a deep breath and digest it. Take a little walk, take a few pics, "get down tonight"

IMHO and YMMV.

I'm like you in that I'm happy with what I have. It's considered old now but it does the job fine.

But the announcements of new tech don't bother me, I look forward to them and follow where things are going. As I get older my priorities have changed. I'd rather spend money on a nice trip and discover new places than have the latest and greatest equipment.

fucile's gear list:fucile's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow