Considering the Sony a7R iii and have a question on lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
steviewonder20 New Member • Posts: 11
Considering the Sony a7R iii and have a question on lenses

i am considering the a7R iii (or the iv when it comes out). I am a former Nikon D800 user who got tired of the weight and switched to Fuji. I love the ergonomics and menus of the x-T3 but want a FF option for greater DR, cropping ability and detail in landscapes.

If I buy the Sony, I’d be looking at getting just two lenses, for landscapes and walk-around/travel. My readings thus far suggest the 16-35 f/4 and the 24-105 f/4 would be good choices. The 24-70 is not long enough for my shooting and I rarely shoot at 12 mm to justify the 12-24. I do not need a wildlife lens as I would keep my Fuji and already have a 150-600 mm lens. I understand that the GM lenses are supposed to have the best glass but are also heavier, more expensive and not so different when stopped down (eg. shooting landscapes at f11 or so).

My question is whether there is a different pair of lenses I should consider to meet my needs or whether I am on the right track with the 16-35 and 24-105 f/4 lenses. Thanks for your comments.

Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D800 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow