Hard Choices

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
candb
candb New Member • Posts: 12
Hard Choices

I've become very interested in wildlife photos since moving to SWFL and would like to move to a telephoto with more reach than the Sony 18-200 on my a6000. I see a lot of folks upgrading the camera but I like the a6000 so I'm focussed on lenses unless anyone has a convincing reason to upgrade the camera itself.

It's a given that this is an expensive hobby and since I'm new to wildlife I seek your advice. Is the difference between the 70-300 and the 100-400 worth the doubled price for the 100-400? How about the Sigma 150-600mm? How about teleconverters?

I've read enough to confuse me and make my head spin. Is this a case of getting what you pay for? I suspect I'll hear answers along the line of "it depends on what you want to get as a final result" which is fine. This is strictly a hobby that I enjoy and I'm retired so I have plenty of time to get around to the many places in Florida that provide amazing subjects. I appreciate any insight and personal experience you have to aid me in this decision.

-- hide signature --
 candb's gear list:candb's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow