Canon RP... a mixed bag of feelings

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Selene Senior Member • Posts: 1,175
Re: Canon RP... a mixed bag of feelings

I am replying without reading all the thread, so my apologies if I am repetitious.  I suspect we won't have many dslrs for long because they are probably more expensive to make and camera manufacturers are more interested in hitting young people, not older photographers used to dslrs. I am a bit with you in the sense that mirrorless cameras won't produce photographic miracles.  Bad photographers will remain bad photographers and good ones who can master the technology will continue to produce beautiful shots.  There is a learning curve. I have gotten to the point to where EVFs don't bother me. In fact, I can see my settings in it far better than I could with my 5d mk iv (a camera which I still prefer for most things). The CR3 file problem is temporary.  I experienced it when I got the 5d mk iv on the first day it came out. I have had the issue with some new Sony cameras; it is a problem for most brands and will be taken care of in a few weeks. DPP4 is a bit cludgy, but it is also a very good editor. I got the rp as a small hiking and travel camera. I think it is pretty good for that.  I am still getting used to the 24-105 lens, but it seems very sharp--I much prefer it to Sony's equivalent.

So, yes, I get your mixed feelings.  I got the camera quicker than I would have (or maybe I wouldn't have gotten it at all) because it seemed like the perfect camera for a specific trip I am taking in a couple of weeks. I am still getting used to it and still don't have my settings exactly right (mirrorless cameras do work a bit differently), but it is shaping up to be exactly what I want for that purpose

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow