Denver downtown

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie Phewbie Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
Denver downtown

I walked around downtown on a beautiful day yesterday - while keeping away from the St. Partick's day revellers - and take some pictures.

I used the 18-135 zoom on the A6500. I'll do another walk around downtown with the 10-18 sometime soon.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Transformation. Union station. This station was in shambles when we got to Denver just 8 years ago. The buildings on the left didn't exist till just a year or so ago.

The Union Lodge building houses my favorite bar in Denver - The Union Lodge No.1

The top of the  University Building

The Denver Gas & Electric building.

This is from Dec 2016. The Denver Gas & Electric building lit up

The Daniel & Fisher (D&F) department store tower. Its the only portion of the department store still standing.

The Wells Fargo building

The Curry Chucovitch house stands alone in a sea of parking lots where its contemporaries have been raised to the ground. This is a pano - I liked the spherical view best. I've heard its available on airbnb.

Another Pano. A perspective view this time. This is the Sheraton Hotel.

A man admires the historic Brown Palace hotel

The Navarre houses the Anschutz museum of Western Art. Don't miss it if you visit Denver. The building used to be a brothel once upon a time with a secret underground passage to the Brown Hotel across the street.

The art deco Paramount Theatre. Another pano also with a spherical view.  A global white balance was impossible on this shot & I didn't have the patience to work on it in PS.

The entrance to the Paramount theater.

Newbie Phewbie's gear list:Newbie Phewbie's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow