D800 SD CARD SLOT STOPPED WORKING!!!!????

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richmcqueenphoto Forum Member • Posts: 67
D800 SD CARD SLOT STOPPED WORKING!!!!????

My D800 sd card slot was working perfectly other than the fact I had to pull it out vs pressing down and it pops out. I removed the sd card like any other time & when going to put it back in, it wouldn’t lock into place. Instead it popped back out. So I looked inside and seen something under the connectors inside the sad slot. It was a slim metal piece with 4-5 short stubs raised from the thin metal strip evenly spaced apart. Don’t know if it broke off from some where but once I removed it, not actually seeing fall from the camera it just wasn’t there after I tilted the camera on it side. I popped the sd card back in and it worked normal with locking in place and pops back out when pressed but the camera doesn’t read the card anymore.

No message pops up on the camera and when I try to format the card SD Card its not lit up in the menu. The card works in my laptop, it’s a San disk pro. Just not working in the camera. SD card doesn’t have any missing or broken pieces.

Hopefully someone can point out if something is out of place or if that piece I moved out of the way was important

THIS IMAGE IS AT THE TOP OF SD CARD SLOT

Richmcqueenphoto's gear list:Richmcqueenphoto's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow