new HD version of the FA 35mm f/2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 11,336
new HD version of the FA 35mm f/2?

I know there's a thread going for the new 11-18 zoom, but is anyone going to join me in being interested in the new version of the old FA 35mm f/2?  I was always vaguely planning to buy the old version, since I love the field of view of a 35mm lens on a crop sensor and I never really bonded with the 35mm f/2.8 Limited.   I was hoping the old lens would be more ... crunchy is the word I use ... more sort of old school and less clinical.

But then I was distracted by the 43mm I bought when I got my KP about a year and a half ago, and I heard a new version was coming so I decided to wait.

Looks like the major changes are new coatings and a revised look, so now I am debating.  Anybody have any thoughts?  Will there be any optical difference beyond what I hope is better performance in bright light?  Would I be a complete fool to spend an extra $100 on a better looking lens for my admittedly very stylish KP?  Not that I would let that stop me, of course.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow