The Subway, Zion National Park, Utah (Images)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lihkin
Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,696
The Subway, Zion National Park, Utah (Images)

Hi all,

I hiked to 'The Subway' in Zion National Park on Thursday. The ranger tried to dissuade me from going due to the quicksand issues and the possibility of snow and ice. I decided to go as the forecast seemed to be good and I am so glad I went. I only encountered 3 other hikers throughout the day and there was no ice/ snow at all. The creek was running high which made for some really cool waterfalls. Archangel and Guardian falls looked amazing. The Subway had too much water to get the cool photos with the potholes, but it was great to finally check it out. I might return in the fall to check out how it looks with less water and get those iconic pothole shots and the fall colors. But I am glad that I went when I did as the waterfalls looked just great with all that snowmelt.

I will say that I am a pretty avid hiker, but found the hike to be tedious and very tiring (that I was carrying all this heavy camera gear did not help). I also realized the importance of eating a heavy breakfast before embarking on a venture such as this.

Here are some photos shot with the Nikon D850, Nikon 24-70 G and the Nikon 14-24 lenses. Thanks for looking.

Archangel Falls

Guardian Falls

Archangel Falls

Archangel Falls

Alcove Falls

The Subway

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow