MC-11 Firmware 1.23 = SLOW AF 135mm ART

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
XeroJay
XeroJay Senior Member • Posts: 1,884
MC-11 Firmware 1.23 = SLOW AF 135mm ART

Although the most recent firmware update (1.23) for the MC-11 addresses the auto IBIS issue, it has crippled the AF speed when using the 135mm Art. I've reached out to Sigma:

Original message: Message: Re: MC-11 EF-E firmware 1.23: Since updating to this firmware, lens autofocus has become very slow with 135mm f1.8 Art and the Sony A7III

Sigma's response: Thank you for contacting Sigma USA. We are only authorized to sell and service lenses inside The United States. For all other inquiries please see the below link to the global locater so you can find the closest Sigma representative to help you.

Let's try that again...

My followup message: This was a bug report, not service request. In other words, I'm trying to help you.

Sigma's response: We have not had the same experience and have not heard the same from other customers so we would advise you to send it in to your local service center for evaluation

Okay then. I guess they want me to send "it" in...Not sure if they want the lens or the MC-11... In the meantime, my partner and I compared all components, as he has the same camera, lens, and adapter and has not updated his MC-11 to the latest firmware. The conclusion: It's definitely the MC-11 firmware.

Here's a video for an idea of just how slow it now is: https://youtu.be/qtf6mZwDuXw

For an idea of how the lens used to AF before the MC-11 update, here's a that exact same lens on the exact same adapter and camera: https://youtu.be/X6sBYdEzu8s?t=492 (Go to 8:12)

XeroJay's gear list:XeroJay's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Sony a7 III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow