Olympus 40-150 f2.8 PRO or ???

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PistonPhotoUK
PistonPhotoUK Regular Member • Posts: 105
Olympus 40-150 f2.8 PRO or ???

Howdy all,

So I have found myself in a position where I can take my photography a little more seriously as a second income, and as such it's time to upgrade!

I am currently using a Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX APO HSM II four thirds lens as my bread and butter. It's more than paid for itself and does the trick however it limits my shooting speed (limited to about 3fps) and the keeper rate isn't as high as if I was to move to a native lens. Majority of my shots are around the 150mm FL as any longer and the old Sigma starts to get soft, however the extra reach is useful at times however I suspect the extra resolving power from modern glass would allow me to crop and still retain details.

Primary targets are horse and jockey at events, so shutter speed is typically around 1/1000 to freeze action, and the 2.8 aperture is a must for keeping ISO low and background suitably out of focus.

My question concerns the the 40-150 pro from Olympus, as I have my eye on this lens as a replacement. Is it still the do it all king? Is there an alternative I should consider?

Thanks for the help chaps!

PistonPhotoUK's gear list:PistonPhotoUK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow