for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
richarddd
richarddd Veteran Member • Posts: 3,297
Re: for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower

NCV wrote:

Jefftan wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Simplistically, it is the lower end that get wiped out first. It's probably unlikely that the size of that 30% will change much, but in a few years it could be closer to 70-90%. Which is also not to say that there is not still potential life in the remaining 30-10%.

In that context, you can understand the game Panasonic is playing.

i am not so sure u are correct

A6500/M100..etc now sold a lot of units

wiped out by phone?

all use phone? even in holiday trip?

really?

I get to visit a lot of top Italian tourist locations, places like Firenze, Venezia and Mantova. Or the Dolomiti.

I see fewer and fewer people with a "proper camera", I see masses of pictures being taken with cell phones.

At top tourist locations, I'm seeing masses of pictures being taken with cell phones. It's not clear to me if there are significantly fewer people with "proper cameras" or just a smaller percentage due to the proliferation of cell phones.

I wonder if there are stats, for example, if anyone is tracking changes to flickr's camera finder which tracks numbers of users of various models https://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow