A1000 - first shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WPMChan Regular Member • Posts: 435
A1000 - first shots

Finally, the wait was over. I wasted no time to take a number of shots after given the A1000 a quick charge. I have been interested in its lower light performance as I have seen what the A900 could do. It is certainly not a CPA but I have to say it is better than what I would have expected.

I have tried a number of indoor shots at various lighting levels:

Very clean at ISO 720. VR is great at 1/15 sec.

ISO 400 against a bright curtain

ISO 400, clean and sharp at 1/8 sec

ISO 100 with flash, very clean and sharp

ISO 100, excellent VR at 2/5 sec at 120 mm FF equiv. no flash

I then tried some outdoor shots. Unfortunately, the afternoon sun was very bright and with strong glare:

I need to lift the shadow quite a bit to see the lower section of the trees

I snapped this van coming at about 50 kph. See how dark the same trees were.

Another van coming at different direction

I then tried a few at maximum zoom, I had trouble to steady the camera. I needed to make more than a few attempts to get something decent. I couldn't get a steady shot for slower than 1/250 sec.

Yes, this vehicle was stationary but in the shade. I needed to raise the ISO to 400 to get a steady shot. It did still come out quite clean.

Some wild overgrown over my fence. It was in the sun, so ISO 160 would do.

An easier shot, only about 120 mm FF equiv.

This is my first attempt at 840 mm FF equivalent. Without a doubt, it had been very challenging. So any suggestions and tips for better results will be most welcome.

Nikon Coolpix A1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow