for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
K1W1 55
K1W1 55 Contributing Member • Posts: 626
Re: What will appeal to the Chinese?

tomhongkong wrote:

examples of products for the Japanese market that fail to catch on internationally.

I go to China pretty often from HK and see far more big white lenses at sailing events than I do in the West. I don't have the figures to back up my observation, but think that the average Chinese photographer that I see spends far more than the average spent by members here.

Perhaps you're right, they will not be bothered by the low cost consumer kit which most of us have to live with

tom

So true Tom, they will not be "sold" by their friends and stores upon low cost and even lower quality two lens kits that are actually 1980's and 1990's film designs with a token  ED glass & a design polish and which are atrocious in IQ offered by certain camera manufacturers in the past but ooh they are pleased 'cause that's what the soccer mom next door uses & the store said "we sell lots of these"   I'm pointing at you big two.

-- hide signature --

Mandatory self advertising signature follows:
Some slideshows & videos of a wee bit of my work, more to be added
if I ever sort out my music rights issues & find some suitable music.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +33 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
(unknown member)
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow