Unable to remove sensor stubborn spots

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff_old_school New Member • Posts: 1
Unable to remove sensor stubborn spots

I am a novice to digital photography although I have used 35mm SLR in the past.  As I am relearning the basics of photography I find that there are things that were not an issue with film.  The one that I am having trouble with is sensor cleaning.  I have tried several methods of dust removal and have very stubborn spots along the lower portion of the sensor that are normally seen at the top of my photos.

I have tried an

Spot in upper LH corner, image is not cropped

air bulb, dry cleaning and wet cleaning with a methanol based solvent, even tried soaking the spots with solvent but to no avail.  These spots may have been on the sensor for sometime as I never realized that checking for dust and sensor cleaning should be accomplished on a regular bases.  This camera is 4 years old has been allover the world stuffed in a briefcase and in some cases high humid areas that caused excessive condensation.

Now I feel like taking a razor blade to the spots (probably not a good idea). From what I have gleaned from this forum and other sources I probably have welded dust spots.

Dose anyone have any solutions for this issue?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow