Where's the promised EOS R firmware update?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Astrophotographer 10 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,724
Where's the promised EOS R firmware update?

I notice when a new camera is released very often the reviewer finds a fault and then will add but the manufacturer can fix this in a future firmware update.

In Canon's case it was a promise to address a few issues with a firmware update. That was around Oct/Nov last year wasn't it?

Whilst I appreciate that it may take time to get it right and it better to take some extra time and get it right its now been several months which should be plenty of time.

It would be easy for them to overlook this and simply concentrate on getting new models out.

Fuji sets a very high standard here. They routinely release a major firmware upgrade that implements some real useable practicality to their camera models.

Sony has promised a new major AF update shortly as well. But there they have at least shown it in public and are probably just fine tuning it, getting rid of the last bugs and tweaking it.

Canon hasn't said anything about this as far as I know and the last firmware update seemed simply to correct a few bugs.

What's your opinion? I think they are now being slow and starting to look like they are breaking trust.

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow