Pen F owners (I developed a Fuji Velvia 50 profile you can try)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VideoPic
VideoPic Contributing Member • Posts: 996
Pen F owners (I developed a Fuji Velvia 50 profile you can try)

I thought this would be an interesting exercise based on my previous posts on color.

How to develop the profile yourself?

I used DXO Film Pack 5 to develop a RAW file using this preset in Film Pack. Then saved a JPEG into the RAW folder the image came from. I therefore have the original RAW plus a Fuji Velvia 50 look in the same folder.

Now I can open the Fuji Velvia 50 look in WS plus the original RAW file. Now the process developing the profile starts. Prior to saving the JPG in Film Pact I scanned each color in Film Pact and wrote down if its a plus 1 or a minus 1 (2 or 3) compared to the original.

Back to WS I start adapting the colors as written down. Next its fine tuning based on the two images open in WS (the FP image and the RAW image)

Here are the setting for this profile:

WB = AutoWB Comp: Blue -1

Green +1

Color Adjust in WS

Colors:-

- 0 = +1

- 1 = +2

- 2 = +2

- 3 = -1

- 4 = -3

- 5 = +2

- 6 = +3

- 7 = +1

- 8 = -1

- 9 = -1

- 10 = +1

- 11 = 0

The basic profile is now done and can be used in the Pen F as is. In WS one can refine it 100 fold more, but those setting cannot be uploaded to the Pen F today.

The following settings will add a little contrast crunch to the image....things like people's close will be more defined, cobblestone roads plus plus....

Curves function (this Pen F owners can also enter into the Pen F)

Highlights +2 (for a less drastic effect enter +1)

Midtones +2

Shadows -1

Contrast +1

These "contrast" settings might require you to use -1 Exp comp on your Pen F (experiment)

Have fun

-- hide signature --

See my Blog for short articles on the Olympus and Panasonic cameras.
https://myolympusomd.blogspot.com/
Tech developments to wipe sensor size arguments, 3yr death countdown started Jan 2019

VideoPic's gear list:VideoPic's gear list
Sony a7 II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +6 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow