Reality in discussion of XT-30 and M43

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 3,701
Reality in discussion of XT-30 and M43

So I understand that we have one contributor on here who has not been a long term user of M4/3 but is promoting XT-30 without providing valid examples.  I think there is a team for folks like that!

We have another long term contributor whose views I have respected in the past (I used to see him on the N1 forum as well), so my remarks are addressed to him.

I agree that critical remarks about current product lines might have some effect in influencing Japan Inc in changing its strategy, although there has been no sign of it working so far (in any brand)

I look at the XT-30 and ask myself exactly what benefit it would have compared with, say, the EM10 ii or iii.  I don't find that there is a problem in focus with the EM10.  I can't see that upping the resolution to 24 Mp from 16 is going to make any real difference for the size of prints I make.

I did take a real look at it, after all the noise in these forums, but could see no advantage, and could see a great disadvantage in size once lenses got beyond medium range.  I decided not for me!

Actually I have some experience of Fuji, which has not been positive.  Poor reliability of X30, and flash units, (which I thought were great otherwise) and baisic overselling of capabilites which were not delivered.  Of course they may have upped their game.

However, a list of the benefits of XT-30 vs EM10ii would be quite interesting

tom

Fujifilm X30 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow