Kirk Tuck on the Fujifilm XT30 - m43 take note please

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geoson Contributing Member • Posts: 964
Kirk Tuck on the Fujifilm XT30 - m43 take note please

https://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2019/03/why-i-think-fuji-xt30-will-be-game.html

Some time ago I used film camera history to explain why the EM1X could be successful.  Unfortunately I used the headline "Remember Film?" and most people who responded didn't read past the headline.  Kirk makes the point I tried to make, and far more effectively than I did.

The difference between the XT3 and XT30 is almost entirely one of performance, not image quality.  It's like in film days when a Canon EOS-1 user and a rebel user had access to the same film and (if budget allows) lens.  I hope Panasonic and Olympus take note and at the very least use the same sensor throughout the line.  I don't expect, say, an EM-10 series to have the same performance as an EM-1 series, but why not have the same image quality throughout the range, and let the customer use performance and handling to choose between models?

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow