Very slow flash recycle time on my 5d mark iv

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eagle430s Regular Member • Posts: 261
Very slow flash recycle time on my 5d mark iv

This is the 2nd event  I am left embarrassed...

My gear:

Canon 5d MArk Iv ,,my flash canon ex600rt

During my first event:

I had my canon 5d mark iv with my sigma 24-105mm f4art lens on and my canon ex600rt flash on it...during my first 30-40 photos everything was ok,,then  moved to the photowall to photograph the people coming...The photowall had a black colour and also there was not any artificial -continuous lighting to light the photowall so I had only my flash and the room's little lights...what happened was:

1st shot was ok...2nd shot flash did not fired...I changed batteries ..I changed even my flash and got my backup *(yognuo yn600) flash but I had the same problem ,,first shot ok,,2nd shot flash did not fire,,i had to wait about 5-6seconds for my flash to be ready for my 2nd shot

Took everything to Canon Service for a check...they checked everything infront of me and they came to the conclusion that because it was a low light situation my flash needed more power for the 2nd shot that;s why it took longer for the recycle time and I should use normal alkaline batteries and not rechargeable ones even if they were fully charged because they need more time to recycle than alkaline batteries

Today it was my 2nd event...a fashion show

Took my canon 5d mark iv this time,,with my canon 24-70 f2.8ii lens

I also took my other canon ex600rt flash which it had less much less use than the one I used in the previous event

During the reception with good lighting everything was ok

as a precautions just before the fashion show began I put on my flash a set of Brand New non rechargeable high performance batteries ..also the light was less at the fashion show compared to the reception...

Fashion show is starting,,and...I wanted to hit my camera on the ground ,,same &^%^$#$ problem....firing one shot flash was ok...2nd shot flash did not fire...it was taking my flash about 5-6 seconds to recycle and shot the 2nd shot

another photographer next to me with a Nikon camera was firing one shot after another with his flash on the camera and everytime his flash was firing

before my 5dmark iv I was using the same flashes on my older body,,,a canon 6d  (mark I) and I don't remember ever having this problem

Any suggestions -ideas of what could be wrong? I am puzzled as I 've changed batteries,,also used a different flash and exactly the same problem has happened

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
irm
irm
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
irm
irm
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow