Have you ever missed a really important/amazing shot because of misfocus?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 4,416
Have you ever missed a really important/amazing shot because of misfocus?

Have you ever taken a picture that you thought was an amazing once in a lifetime shot, and it *would* have been but you realized that you (/the camera) missed the focus. So now instead of having a picture proudly hanging on your wall, you have a photo you really like as long as you don't look at it directly, you kinda squint your eyes and look sideways and wonder how great it could have been.

What do you do with these photos? Do you delete it and purge it from memory? Keep the photo in case technology improves to a point that it can one day be saved (sort of like Mr. Freeze)? Apply copious layers of sharpening filters? Decide that the blurriness in the subject's eyes is artistic and treasure it anyway?

Personally, I find it hard to do anything with these photos as I seem to have an innate ability to tell when the eyes are out of focus. I even hate that these photos are in my LR catalog but I am now leaning towards keeping them in case one day Adobe works out how to make out of focus elements back in focus (e.g. AI).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow