Is this an unfair stereotype ?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,175
Is this an unfair stereotype ?

For a long time, I have felt like the guys using Medium format gear, are mostly producing shots which they themselves, and other serious / professional photographers want to see. In other words, a lot of super clean reference shots, which have been processed so lightly, that one would never know it. The stuff that purists like to brag about.

I mean of course you see plenty of these types on the regular DSLR forums as well, but this seems to be changing with time. I think this is due in large part, to the fact that as time goes on, more and more photographers are "starting" with digital. So for them, HDR, and every other kind of photoshopping is completely normal, and maybe, more acceptable ?

I guess what Im asking is, "Are their guys using medium format gear, who are not afraid of (or should I say, dont just hate ;)) heavy photo processing, and producing the loud shocking kind of photographs that the general public (and myself) love ?

PS, Id like to try shooting with a medium format camera.... but my dream camera is a Nikon D850... and no matter what camera I ever shot with, Id want to be able to make 300mp or more.... images for huge highly detailed prints, with huge dynamic range. So stitching, and bracketing are already a normal thing for me anyway. It would seem weird to be using a 100mp Medium format camera, and still having to stitch, and bracket ? Granted, it wouldn't take near as many shots to end up with a crazy huge, super high DR shot....

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
tex
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
tex
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
tex
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow