Please Read This (DPR Rules) Locked

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MOD rick decker Forum Pro • Posts: 15,779
Please Read This (DPR Rules)

We had another issue of a poster getting upset about someone editing his image and showing it. At his request, I have deleted the thread. Oh and it was a very nice image and got a lot of compliments.

For those of you who don't know, DPR does not place any restrictions on editing and re-showing someone's image. Approval of the OP is not needed.

I think it is very positive and great that alternative editing can be displayed. It opens the way to seeing more and to growth in general.

In the Sigma forum, where we have a pretty close-knit group, editing someone elses image(s) is done regularly.

I prefer the way it is now. Asking as a courtesy cedes the right to the poster to decide and the poster does not have that right based upon DPR rules.

When a poster complains about an edited post, I PM him/her instead of handling it in the forum as I don't want to embarass/antagonize them in public. In my PM I tell the person that if they are really unhappy I will delete the posting but that I suggest they look for some kind of online forum where the rulses are different.

The bottom line is that one should not post if they are going to be upset about someone editing their image.

Rick

rick decker's gear list:rick decker's gear list
Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow