M5 II "Mini RP" concept

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
carpandean Forum Member • Posts: 66
M5 II "Mini RP" concept

The RP is roughly the same height as the M5 and M50, but has higher shoulders.  Even before it came out, I was thinking about doing the same thing to the M5 to give it a little more real estate and possibly even a better/taller grip (though, I do think it is very good for how small the overall body is.)

The RP also has a bigger grip and lens mount, both of which require it to be notably wider than the M5 and M50.  So, I thought about what Canon could do with an RP-type design, but utilizing the smaller EF-M lens mount and grip.  The latter being possible due to the smaller/lighter EF-M lenses.

Finally, I've said that I wanted a higher magnification viewfinder on the M5 (could differentiate future M50 series with the current one), but that it didn't need to be as high as on the X-T_ series or the R.  The RP came out with a perfect compromise.  It is the lower-end one in the R series, but it could be the perfect upper-end one for the M series.

This is what I came up with (not a perfect mock-up, but close enough.)  Thoughts?

carpandean's gear list:carpandean's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS RP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow