Numbered, numbered, measured and divided (EOS R/P marketshare)

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RLight Regular Member • Posts: 365
Numbered, numbered, measured and divided (EOS R/P marketshare)

As much as I feel the R system is a success, I can tell from the foot traffic of the forum, the traffic on Flickr from the RF lenses though, it is not (from a sales perspective)

To use DPR's own stats...

Now I'll grant you, DPR is more heavily a Nikon and Sony weighted forum, and perhaps that's why they (DPR reviewers) write to those IE that's their bulk of readers anyways?

Now for Flickr's groups...

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a distinct possibility that in fact Canon is not going to turn around the mirrorless war like they did being late last time to the party. Perhaps the RP's pricing, which surprised me at $1299, was an act of desperation on behalf of Canon to regain market share?

I'll be honest with you, I think there is a good chance Canon is freaking out, and, maybe they're right to. Maybe they read the market wrong this time. Stuff happens.

Does beg the question, are we (R owners) in the right boat if it could be sinking?

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow