Help me keep my em5ii

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dcbrow3 New Member • Posts: 23
Help me keep my em5ii

I am not happy with my em5ii performance in low light.  I've had it for years and taken many photos I'm very happy with. The problem is that when photographing people indoors, the ibis is not a help because I want to shoot a higher shutter speed like 1/80 or 1/100 so that I can shoot natural portraits instead of having to pose my family. The ibis might help me shooting a still subject -- and is actually amazing to me that I can get such a sharp photo at 1/3 of a second. But my kids beautiful smiles are just blurs when they are laughing and moving around at 1/3s. So I'm stuck with 1/100 and high iso like 1600 or 3200 even or use a flash, but I don't like the look of flash really and I find the light to be very distracting to my family.

I like the idea of using zooms more than primes because it's easy to frame the shot quickly with a zoom. I have the 12-40 2.8. I also have some 1.8 primes.

So I'm considering full frame, specifically the Z6, to be able to use even the 24-70 f/4 lens to gain 1 stop from aperture, but even more important, better photos from lower noise at ISOs needed in the low light indoor shooting a normal house interior provides.

If you have the z6, how does it do in normal household interior light settings?

Am I missing something? How does your m4/3 system do in low light and what are your tips?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dcbrow3's gear list:dcbrow3's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow