Lens to improve DMC-GX85 kit (12-32mm & 45-150mm)

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IgnacioML New Member • Posts: 1
Lens to improve DMC-GX85 kit (12-32mm & 45-150mm)

Hello! I'm from Argentina and I'm new to this forum. First of all, thank you for making things easier at the time of deciding a purchase. Your opinions and reviews have been of such great value.

After reading several threads and deciding between a FZ1000 and GX85, I've recently bought the last one, with the two lenses kit. Taking into acount that I'll be going to French Polynesia for my honeymoon, I would like to know if I should buy a lens to improve the kit, which I think (based on reviews) that is good enough for a starter.

I'm new to photography, and maybe this will be my first and last trip to FP. Due to the costs of the trip itself, my budget is around $250 right now, and I've decided to spend more in travelling than in cameras/lenses. I think I'll be mostly interested in landscapes and maybe some portraits. Should I get a prime lens? There are some offers right now that I've considered:

1- Samyang 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS $250

2- Panasonic - Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 II$269.99 (Max budget)

3- Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8 $250

4- Olympus M. Zuiko Digital 45mm f/1.8 $250

5- Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN ART $239

I was wondering which of those will be better. I thought that for landscapes, the 12mm and the 20 mm would be better, but does it worth the f/2.0 of the Samyang 12mm since the kit has f/3.5 on 12mm? Maybe at 20mm f/1.7 the Panny would make a difference.

I've read great things of the Sigma 60mm, but this would be mostly for portraits, am I right?

I know Im deciding between 12, 20, 25, 45 and 60mm, but the point is which one of this prime lenses would make the biggest diference respect to the kit.

A manual lens it's ok to me since I could learn a bit more, but IQ, sharpness and colour rendering are my priorities. Sorry about my english, any suggestions of any kind are welcome.

Thanks for your time!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow