It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Reservoir_Dog Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

jonpais wrote:

Reservoir_Dog wrote:

What if Nikon release a A9 like camera for sports? Switch again? No I don't think you made a good decision. Also, did you saw the lens roadmap and the quality of those lenses? The advantages of the Z mount?

1) Nikon will not be releasing another camera this year.

2) Their next camera will likely be an EOS RIP competitor, not a higher end model.

3) Sony's AF is already so far ahead of Nikon's, and will only get better with the FW update, that Nikon doesn't stand a chance of catching up anytime soon.

4) Nikon's current lens lineup is mostly consumer grade. Sony has big boy glass, like the 400mm f/2.8 for sports and wildlife, and they'll be releasing 500mm and 600mm lenses in the near future.

5) There is no proof as yet that the larger mount is anything but marketing speak.

http://jonpais.wordpress.com

Don't underestimate Nikon. Look at their generation 1 camera's build quality and AF performance in single mode.

Their 3D tracking system is unbelievably good so if they can bring it over to their mirrorless cameras they will match Sony system. I know Sony AF is very good and get even better but im sure Nikon will match it.

Their current lenses are not really consumer grade. Did you read those reviews and read their MTF charts? Their quality are out of this world.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow