New lens from B&H arrived yesterday....look at the box

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 3,350
New lens from B&H arrived yesterday....look at the box

Fed Ex came yesterday to deliver my new lens from B&H. I've ordered a gazillion things from B&H over the years, never a complaint, their packing has always been stellar and even above and beyond in some cases, but this was unbelievable. There was ZERO packing material/bubble wrap etc. inside the box. No receipt in the box either. The lens was in its box, which looked OK and was undamaged and unopened, but it had obviously been rattling around in the box during shipment. Also, there was NO TAPE on the box to secure anything, it looked as if the closure was only a glue of some sort. I took this photo of it BEFORE I opened the box further to remove the lens.......this is exactly as it was when handed over by the Fed Ex guy.

I'm wondering if I should be worried about any possible damage to the lens....so far from preliminary checks it seems OK, but still I'm a bit worried given the condition of the box. The camera box absolutely could have fallen out of the open box....maybe it did...I want to send this photo to B&H to digest. I did call them, and of course I could send back the lens and get another one I guess. Maybe I should do that for ease of mind.

Side note: I had a second order of a camera bag. It arrived in a separate box, delivered with the lens in a perfectly taped and sealed box, the camera bag was in an inner box and that bubble wrap packing was in the box to prevent any movement of contents, which couldn't break anyway.

But a camera lens? Someone just threw it in a badly sealed box and sent if off with Fed Ex.

Not a happy camper.  

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D5600 Nikon D7500 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow