Peak Design Strap Warning

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 6,183
Peak Design Strap Warning

I almost had a huge accident yesterday with my 50r.  It has the PD Slide Strap attached  and the new Version 4 strings will not fit through the Fuji lugs, so one must use the PD metal ovals, or the Fuji metal triangles in order to attach the quick release strings to the lugs (because the new V4 strings are far too thick to thread through the 50r lugs).

Version 3 strings slide right through the lugs, but those were recalled by PD because a few had failed.

Well yesterday, my strap came off one side because the PD metal oval had worked its way out of the lug.  I probably bent it a little attaching it because it is so difficult to get thorough the lug.

I caught the camera before it hit the ground.  The same think happened to me once two years ago with the slide Lite strap attached to the Fuji XT-2 when the Fuji triangle did the same thing by coming loose from the lug.

So I found two of the old Version 3 string quick release attachments and mounted them on the 50r.   The V3 strings are much thinner and string right through the lugs.  The new V4 strings are much thicker and I can not get them through the lugs no matter what I do.  I tried everything.

The metal PD oval-shaped attachment or the Fuji triangles are a no-go for me, and since the V4 strings do not work, I must find old V3 strings or I am throwing the PD straps away and getting something else.

By the way, I think the PD Slide is too big a strap even for the 50r.  The Slide Lite is much better.

Has anyone managed to get the V4 PD strings through the lugs?

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X100F +13 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Jil
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow