Help choosing: LX100 II, RX100 VI, GR III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dukat Regular Member • Posts: 125
Help choosing: LX100 II, RX100 VI, GR III

I’ve sold my OMD-EM1 kit looking to downside to a small but high quality camera.

Primary use would be hikes/travel, so lots of landscapes, sunsets, photos around towns.. just about anything with portraits likely being the least used style.

The Ricoh GR III quality looks fantastic but I’m worried the 28mm angle may be a bit restrictive. For a fixed lens 35mm sounds like the best compromise but the only camera that fits that well is the X100F but I don’t want to spend $1,300 on a 2 year old camera.

I have a trip coming up in a few weeks and no camera so limited time to wait for new releases.

There have been many RX100 V/VI vs LX100 II threads but none of them had actual discussion / comparison of image quality/sharpness.

RX100 VI has a superb sensor, excellent telephoto range and a handy articulating screen.

LX100 II has a larger sensor, however MP is smaller than it should be due to the multi-aspect ratio function.

I don’t mind the LX being a little larger than the RX and don’t mind loosing some telephoto in exchange for image quality/sharpness.

The only quality comparison I’ve found is DP’s image compare tool.

Thoughts/opinions/suggestions? Would love to hear from someone who’s used both along with if you think I’d be loosing too many opportunities with a 28mm GR III.

I do plan to do bracketing for HDR merging if that makes any difference in your advice.

Thanks in advance!

Dukat's gear list:Dukat's gear list
Fujifilm X100F
Fujifilm X100F Panasonic LX100 Ricoh GR III Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VI
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow