Olympus made my safari a nicer experience

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lawrence W Contributing Member • Posts: 783
Olympus made my safari a nicer experience

I came back from a Botswana safari trip with my family and friends. Within the group of 7, we have Canon, Nikon shooters with big guns, Sony A9, and me, mostly shooting MFT for both stills and videos.

The 20kg. weight restriction on the small planes was tough on me, with a few cameras and lenses and a tripod. I gave up the Olympus 40-150/f2.8 for the longer reach of Panasonic 100-400.

Wilderness Safari runs 3 of the 4 camps that we stayed in. On the first game drive, I saw our guide shooting with an Olympus EM-1 Mk2 + 300/f4. That was a surprise to me, as in my previous safari in Tanzania, all my guides were shooting Canon. Out of curiosity, I asked him what made him choose Olympus.

"Olympus sponsored us, with 60 sets in various Wilderness Safari camps. Would you like to try their stuff, since you are shooting MFT?"

A whole bag of Olympus gear was presented to me before dinner. For me, it is like a kid in a toy shop!

To cut the story short, I tried their EM-1 mk2, 300/f4, and the 40-150 which I left behind in Hong Kong. In the next camp, the Olympus bag was already waiting for me when I checked in!

I was thrilled by the IQ of most of the shots, particularly those taken with the 300/f4. Here are some of them.

A big thank you to Olympus and Wilderness Safari who made my trip even more rewarding.

Lawrence W's gear list:Lawrence W's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D7200 Sony a6300 Panasonic G85 +17 more
Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow