Scrambled EXIF Lens metadata in LR Classic - maybe DxO PLab did it?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zed-TJ Forum Member • Posts: 65
Scrambled EXIF Lens metadata in LR Classic - maybe DxO PLab did it?

Anybody else ever seen this or got any ideas what happened?

Found about 12 images edited in DxO PL and imported to LR Classic had EXIF Lens metadata looking like this:

Lens ÿþûþm÷}ßÿÖíþÿ¶              instead of typically:

Lens LUMIX G VARIO 14-140/F3.5-5.6

Long story - short version:

The initial problem was LR Classic failing to Import one or more year folders eg

By reducing the size of the import and determining where it stopped, eventually seemed to trace it back to these 12x DxO PL edits of original Panasonic RW2 RAWs which were 3 shot +/- 1EV brackets HDR merged in either LR Classic or Photomatix Pro.

Metadata in the camera files and all the LR and PMP merged HDR files was normal.

After deleting the files with corrupted Lens metadata the LR Import/Export went OK.

Somewhat difficult to exactly repeat the original processing now because the corrupted files were from one day in Nov 2017 and one day in Nov 2018 and there have been a few software updates since Nov 2017 ! Shot about 2,000 photos on those 2 days and did initial processing on the majority with no other errors detected at the time or since.

Been using LR since v3 and DxO for years - take 5k to 15k photos per year and never seen this problem before. Ended up spending more than 2 days tracing the apparent cause and eventually completing my catalog reorganisation and I'd like to not have the same problem again !

Have referred my query to DxO Support and awaiting a response from them.

Would be happy if anyone has any idea of what could have caused this.

Zed

Zed-TJ's gear list:Zed-TJ's gear list
Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow