Steady strobe lights – not flash

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Naturehappy
Naturehappy Regular Member • Posts: 135
Steady strobe lights – not flash

I find direct links to the products very helpful if you have time to go that extra mile.I would appreciate a recommendation on a good sturdy strobe light that I can fit into a fairly large size Octabox. Will need a mount for this.

I am discovering that when I use my speed lights and I have been shooting for a while with my client, it can cause me slight dizziness and nausea. It  would be  much better for me to have my subject in front of a steady strobe light. Up to this point, I have been using Nikon speed flashes on light stands.

I shoot both indoors in a home studio that I have set up and outdoors during nice  non-winter  weather. This strobe will have to have enough power to contend with the sun, although,  I do attempt to find open shade whenever possible,  which is my preference for outdoor shooting.  I generally shoot with ambient light, but find that sometimes flash is necessary to overcome shadows in the face.

I do not own a strobe  like the one I am describing here  at this time and would appreciate recommendations on what  is a good brand for consistent lighting, rather than flash. I find direct links to the products very helpful if you have time to go that extra mile.

(I shoot with a Nikon D750.)

Thank you

-- hide signature --

CD216

Naturehappy's gear list:Naturehappy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow