Prime lens setup for my “new” Fuji XT1

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
GeralH Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: Prime lens setup for my “new” Fuji XT1

Smithyboi wrote:

Hello All,

i haven’t had a camera for some time and have now decided to jump back in. I was lucky enough to get hold of a like new Fuji XT1 graphite edition for a steal (£200) and would now like to purchase a few prime lenses. Trouble is I just can’t decide which way to go....

i would therefore like some help, appreciate its very personal choice but I’m starting to go mad.

I don’t have the money for all the wider aperture primes 1.4/1.2 and I really am not interested in zooms.

Any other suggestions are welcome and thank you for your time......you might help me stop questioning myself.

I would actually go with 23f2 and 50f2, but thats only my personal opinion cause i like 23 better than 35. If you like 35 better, then the 16f2.8 and 35f2 seems a good choice.

I think you would like to go wider than 16, thats why i would go with the rokinon/samyang 12f2 to complement the trio.

GeralH's gear list:GeralH's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow