Ricoh GR aperture blades won't open at start up

Started Mar 2, 2016 | Discussions thread
mikphoto
mikphoto New Member • Posts: 24
Re: Ricoh GR aperture blades won't open at start up

teemodk wrote:

mikphoto wrote:

Thanks for your feedback Bren. I know the GR is a fragile camera due to its expandable lens design. From day one I protected it using the GH-3 lens adapter and stored it in a dedicated camera bag. You assume that I would have treated mine roughly, far from that. The point is that the lens/shutter module seems to have a limited 45+K lifetime. What is your shutter count now?

It's not just the handling. Just as much where you use it. Temperatures, moisture, particles in the air. It doesn't take much to block the super fragile shutter blades.

Also remember that a high shutter count are never published, but a low count will often be.

Could all be, but the point is to get to know those shutter counts and find out if the shutter or any other lens module part dies after a certain amount of photographs made. If that would be the case affected GR & GR II users could make their case and say "look Ricoh, I am not the only one"

mikphoto's gear list:mikphoto's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-T20 Canon PowerShot SD600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS62 Olympus Tough TG-4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow