Prime lens setup for my “new” Fuji XT1

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
Deep Indigo Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Prime lens setup for my “new” Fuji XT1

Smithyboi wrote:

Hello All,

i haven’t had a camera for some time and have now decided to jump back in. I was lucky enough to get hold of a like new Fuji XT1 graphite edition for a steal (£200) and would now like to purchase a few prime lenses. Trouble is I just can’t decide which way to go....

i would therefore like some help, appreciate its very personal choice but I’m starting to go mad.

I don’t have the money for all the wider aperture primes 1.4/1.2 and I really am not interested in zooms.

Any other suggestions are welcome and thank you for your time......you might help me stop questioning myself.

Just a thought; while most of the faster primes are much more expensive than their f2 or slower counterparts, the classic 35mm f1.4 goes for near identical prices as its f2 variant. If you have the fast-focusing 16 2.8 and the 90 2, why not go for the faster 35 f1.4?

Deep Indigo's gear list:Deep Indigo's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow