Return RX100Va to Beach Camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,686
Re: Return RX100Va (M6 LCD polarization error)

noisebeam wrote:

elliottnewcomb wrote:

sadly back it must go, (with the m5 unwrapped accessories)! so frustrating.

Is the RX10m4 too big for you? Too big for me, if not I would definitely have one. It would pair well with your spotted rx100.

better check your glasses with it's LCD.

The m6 does need to go back. I went for a 60mi bike ride this morning and it chewed thru my head at first as a distraction, but by the end I was relaxed and clear the m6 goes back and I'll keep the 5a.

Hopefully my old m2 will die soon and at that time Sony will have a m6a or m7 with a corrected LCD

My big camera is Canon 30D (soon to be 80D) and several lenses, so no RX10. I specifically want a compact camera to take on my weekly hikes or backpacking trips when I pack light and go far.

Still no matter how I cut it an m6 would compliment the old m2 and Canon 80D better than the m5a.

(Can you imagine if the m6 screen polarization is due to the screen protector film Sony puts on that can be removed with difficulty. But I doubt it. Who wants to try )

I peeled the plastic from my rx100m1 and m3. It was thick, strong, not fully transparent, it can be seen curled up here. I don't think it would make a difference, but what do I know?

My progressives are self-darkening, activated by ultra-violet I think. I have no issues with any Sony LCD or EVF.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow