Best travel lens combo with A7ii

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ellisab New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Best travel lens combo with A7ii

Topan Berliana wrote:

I’ve been searching on the Internet for the best travel combo for my A7ii, and came up with these options.

By “best” I refer to:

• Size and weight, so that they can fit to my shoulder bag. I am a slow traveller and not too serious in photography. I rarely carry a tripod/monopod.
  • Historically I shot portraits, streets, crowds and people. Sometimes building (inside and outside architecture). Rarely I shot really wide landscape and skies.
  • Budget is also a constraint. I can’t afford GM lenses for sure.
  • I travel with families. So carrying too many lenses and changing lenses too often is not convenient for me.
  • I really admire sharp and quality images. That’s why I am more than satisty with the Sony Zeiss 55mm that currently I have.

Options:

• Sony 55/1.8 and 16-35/4
  • Sony 55/1.8 and 28/2
  • Sony 24-105/4
  • Tamron 24-75 and Sony 85/1.8
  • Sony 55/1.8 and 85/1.8
  • Sony 55/1.8 and Sony 90 macro.

Other than those, if you have better idea, I’m happy to consider.

Thanks.

I recommend the Sony 24-105/4.  This is one lens that should cover your needs.   This way you don't have to carry additional lens or stop to change lens.

ellisab's gear list:ellisab's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow