It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
gm3sf
OP gm3sf Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......Maybe

True, and I doubt that too. It is not as if they were not aware of what Sony did, so they obviously were not trying to compete . Frankly, I think that because of their overwhelming share in the industry and with all the users who have invested substantially in lenses from both camps, they were hedging their bet that users would stay with their offerings. Its a different world today, and consumers are no longer putting up with inferior product, and are willing to pay to get what they want.

-- hide signature --

I think I'm the perfect example of this.  Or rather, was.  I waited for Nikon for all the reasons you mention, but make me wait then give me an inferior product??  No thanks.

I should add that when I bought the Z6 I didn't go into it thinking it wasn't going to be great.  I never went into buying ANY Nikon product over the last 25 years thinking that it was make or break.  I never had to.  I always knew that what they brought forth was better (and progressed) from what I had previously.  That's not to say there weren't advances here with the Z6/Z7.  Clearly there were (EVF, IBIS, etc), but to give me those features and take away others that I was used to (mentioned above, 3D tracking, dual card slots, etc)....I mean, really??.  My D7200 had 3D tracking and dual card slots.

Gus M
[gm3sf.com](http://www.gm3sf.com/)

gm3sf's gear list:gm3sf's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6400 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow