It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
gm3sf
OP gm3sf Junior Member • Posts: 38
Re: It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

Jonathan F/2 wrote:

Congrats on the A9! I'm also a Nikon DSLR and Sony shooter, but I haven't made the full transition to Sony for a few reasons. Mainly, I still like Nikon NPS service which is free. Also Sony doesn't have any low cost or compact telephoto lenses like the 300mm PF or 500mm PF. Lastly I prefer Nikon's flash system and especially their more direct and sturdier flash mount. I'm just not fond of Sony's flash hot shoe. I find it too delicate for run and gun flash shooting especially when using various triggers and hot shoe accessories.

Saying that, I much prefer my Sony MILC bodies for most general shooting that doesn't require flash. Portrait shooting is just spot on perfect with the Sony AF and the ability to adapt various lenses from different mounts is just great. Also Sony native lenses are now cheaper in comparison to what Nikon and Canon are releasing. If one has to buy new lenses for a new mount, Sony is a very viable option in that regards.

-- hide signature --

i can understand that and if I were in the same position I’d likely do the same thing. I loved my Nikon gear, I just didn’t/don’t have the need for so much of it that made it hard to replace.

Gus M
[gm3sf.com](http://www.gm3sf.com/)

gm3sf's gear list:gm3sf's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6400 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow