It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
SilvanBromide Senior Member • Posts: 4,153
Re: It’s Nikon’s fault that I’m writing this......Maybe

nebulla wrote:

In all honesty, Nikon made a good attempt considering that this is their first FF MILC camera. While I agree with you that Sony has the market cornered at the moment and with good reason since they have been at it longer than anyone else. But neither Nikon or Canon is going to sit by and fail. They have been at the top of their game for too long to do nothing. Watch for their next release before passing judgment too harshly. In the meantime I am enjoying my Sony A7 iii and since I outlayed a fair amount of money on the Sony 100-400mm, I don't see me going anywhere else.

Enjoy your A9, it is a fantastic camera from what I have read.

I think it's true that both Nikon and Canon will offer subsequent releases in an effort to close the gap and fully compete with the current Sony offerings.

What's not clear is whether Sony will maintain its pace of development to stay in the lead. I've little doubt that's their intention (and I think we're seeing evidence of that already) - it just remains to be seen whether they will succeed.

Either way, the market benefits and things get (more) interesting!

-- hide signature --

Former Canon, Nikon and Pentax user.
Online Gallery: https://500px.com/raycologon

SilvanBromide's gear list:SilvanBromide's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Sony a7 III +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow