Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,384
To summarize...

bobotoka wrote:

Have 3 posts only because from time to time I like to read what people are discussing and didn't have any problem by now. I'd rather go out and shoot with my camera then posting something on forums.

Reading all comments it looks like everyone think that I wasn't careful with the camera and I expected that. I was only comparing it to my old Canon which handled more "beating and abusing" during years and I didn't have any problems.

I know how I was handling the camera so for and for me it's not normal that camera like Fuji X-T3 can easily get scratched.

And probably because of the responses like yours I wan't be making any posts in future.

Cheers

Well, to be honest, if the responses here are that offensive to you, then I'd probably have to suggest that you might be happier not participating in the discussions here anyway. As many have pointed out, cameras don't scratch themselves. My own experience is that some level of mishandling will result in scratches, mars, or other such things in most any piece of equipment, including cameras. And I haven't found Fuji's gear to be any more susceptible to this than any of the other cameras I've used -- most notably Canon. After all, we're talking about gear here which is intended to be used and handled, not jewelry.

I'm not entirely sure what you expected here, whether it was more sympathy or agreement that Fuji's cameras might be easier to scratch than others. Unfortunately, I don't believe this to be the case and unless you were to acknowledge that perhaps you shared a bit of blame for any scratches that occurred, I doubt that the conversation would have ended up any differently. You can try posting this in a different forum somewhere and perhaps you'll get a more sympathetic audience. However, it's my humble opinion that you're trying to blame the gear and the build quality for something that is of your own doing... to be blunt.

Regardless, i sincerely hope you find something out there that better meets your needs and makes you happy.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow