DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
myotisone Senior Member • Posts: 1,867
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

CAcreeks wrote:

bsas wrote:

Probably DxO + Capture One is an ultimate combo where you use DxO just for the prime NR, but, Capture One was outside of my budget

Yes, probably that would be an excellent, if somewhat tedious, workflow.

It's not that tedious, you can use the right click "open in" DXO option from inside C1, to launch the file of interest in DXO. Do prime noise and geometric corrections in DXO and save a linear DNG from DXO back beside the original Raw (this is a DXO export option, so you just tick a box to do it).

It will then appear back in the C1 catalogue or session (you need to run a synch from the c1 catalogue to see it, but it automatically appears if you are running sessions).

The linear DNG means that DXO doesn't burn any colour corrections into the file, but you do need to be careful you don't lose any shadow and highlight info.

I used to do this regularly when using my Nikon 1s, and it worked well. Not as straightforward as the C1 built in noise correction, but it does allow you to run DXO effectively as a noise reduction Plugin from C1.

Cheers,

Graham

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow