FZ1000 vs FZ1000M2 vs FZ2500?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skiphunt13
skiphunt13 Senior Member • Posts: 2,654
FZ1000 vs FZ1000M2 vs FZ2500?

Hi, I've been using an FZ1000 for travel... pretty much ever since it came out. Mine is still working fine but the zoom rocker spring no longer works. Or, it only goes all the way zoomed in or out. I get around this my using the lens barrel zoom.

Now, my back control dial doesn't work for press in function. I get around this by using the Quick menu. It's not as quick as the dial, but it works.

So, I'm going to need a new one pretty soon. I was waiting for a new model. I thought the FZ2500 was the newest model, but now I see there's an FZ1000MKII coming this month.

When I read what's new in the MKII, like 4k 30fps, wifi, 4k photo, etc. The current one already does all of that. It doesn't seem like there's anything significant that's new or improved in the MKII... or, am I missing something? If not, wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a new original version while they're still available?

And, the FZ2500 kinda reads like an upgrade from the FZ1000, at least for video with a headphone port, touch screen, etc. Why isn't this camera considered the next logical upgrade step from the FZ1000?

What I really want is basically an FZ1000 but with a little bigger sensor, maybe a 4/3rds, and a little wider lens at full wide while keeping the longer zoom range. A headphone port for monitoring external mic, and a touch screen for video work in particular. I'd also like it weather sealed so that the AF and stuff doesn't  freak out in high humidity.

Is the FZ2500 closer to what I'm looking for vs the FZ1000?

Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow