Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bobotoka New Member • Posts: 6
Is it possible to return/replace X-T3 after this?

Recently i bought Fuji X-T3 camera and sold my old Canon 600D. I used that camera for 6.5 years and before selling it was in mint condition, really – like a new camera. And I really carried it everywhere.

Then I got Fuji X-T3 and after only 3 weeks of using it sync terminal button fell off from the body and camera was scratched – it looks like I was dragging it on a floor. Since I am very careful with my gear I don't know how it's possible that camera which was basically "camera of the 2018". During that time I event didn't put my camera on a tripod.

Tried to contact Fuji headquarters – no response. Contacted local Fuji distributor and they respond after 3 weeks – but I needed to contact national body for customer protection to reach to Fuji. They told me that it's my fault and they cannot do anything. They even told me that is normal for sync terminal to fell off since its removable???

If I can make any conclusion it seems like Fuji didn't do a good job in final production – they should put some kind of protective layer on silver area of a camera.

And now I don't know what to do. I like camera performance by now but I am afraid that I need to use this camera with several protective cases on it and have gloves on my hand to not get it completely scratched

Any thoughts or advices?

Thank you

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow