Am I alone

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pontoneer Senior Member • Posts: 2,990
Am I alone

In feeling somewhat turned off by the increasingly large , heavy and expensive lenses Pentax seem to be rolling out ?

One of the things that attracted me to Pentax was the compact size and quality of their kit .

Even back in the film days , the MX and LX cameras were wonderful little jewels compared to others , as were the SMC-M primes .

In the digital age , the bodies have remained more compact and nicer in the hands than some of the brick like things offered by others .

With lenses too , the Limited primes have not been needlessly huge : I have the five DA Limiteds which I bought to go with my K-3 , and I just love them ; having got my K-1 last year , I plan to get the three FA Limiteds this year .

I neither need nor want ultra fast primes : my K-1 has decent higher ISO performance , and anti shake , so slightly slower primes would be just fine with me . Besides a lot of my shooting now is either in a studio environment, or bright outdoors , where light isn’t in short supply , so I don’t need ultra wide apertures .

I currently have SMC-M 24mm , 28mm , 50mm F1.7 ( tempted to pick up a 1.4 as they aren’t expensive) , 100mm , 135mm and 200mm . The three FA Limiteds would fit nicely in between these existing lenses , but if Pentax would bring out FA Limiteds , with the same design ethos , in 15mm , 20mm , 24mm , 50mm , 100mm , 135mm , 200mm I would be sorely tempted to start replacing some of my older lenses ( most of which I’ve had 3 or 4 decades ) . And what a fantastic line up that would be !

Who else would like to see more small but high quality Limiteds , and which focal lengths would you want ?

I do have a number of zooms as well , but I like using primes .

-- hide signature --

With kind regards
Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +38 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow