This sounds promising?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Robobonobo Regular Member • Posts: 288
Re: This sounds promising?

This is a pretty negative thread, considering the title! I'm really happy overall with Sony's lens selection. I put together my entire Sony kit for $1950 (sel24f18z purchased used). Fuji deserves the credit for having a well thought out, high quality selection, but that kind of money won't get you nearly as much in their system. The only lens they offer that I wish I could add to my Sony kit is the xf55-200, but the SEL70300G is not a bad option.

A 2.8 normal zoom would be nice to have, but what I'd personally want from it would probably require a FF camera. I can get basically get the same performance with a fast prime on aps-c, for much less cost and size; and the system has a ton of great options to choose from. There's certainly valid criticism to be made, but too much is made of writing off third party and FF lenses which is willfully ignorant.

Robobonobo's gear list:Robobonobo's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow