7Artisans lenses..a bad experience

Started Mar 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eulan13 Forum Member • Posts: 92
7Artisans lenses..a bad experience

A few months ago, attracted by the size and the low price, I ordered a 7Artisans 35mm 1,2 for my Fujifilm cameras.  I had read a few reviews, and the lens sounded very promising. I used it for about a week: it was light, perfect for street photography, but the images - if compared with one of the cheapest Fujinon lenses (27mm 2,8) were absolutely disappointing, so I sent it back.

A few weeks ago I discovered the existence of a 7Artisans 35mm f.2 with Fuji X mount. I had carefully read the Alec Griffin's review of the lens in Leica version, as well as a few others, and I decided to try again. The lens arrived a couple of days ago, and I had immediately the impression that it was rather difficult to focus exactly, so I repeated the test comparing it to my Fujinon 27mm.

/Artisans 35mm f.2 (left) and Fujnon 27mm 2,8 (right) both images at f.5,6, on tripod.

The difference is huge, and I an starting wondering whether I have been very unlucky or there is something wrong in the comments and tests we find on the web. Anyone else having similar problems?

Many Thanks.

Eulan

Eulan13's gear list:Eulan13's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
gsz
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow