***This week with your a7x/a9, Feb 23rd - Mar 1st, 2019***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Corelli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,540
Re: Orion Nebula

Paul Barnard wrote:

Corelli wrote:

Thanks for the info! That's quite a contraption you've got there. I've read about them, but had never seen one.

I have an alt-az telescope mount which let's me get 20 to 30 sec. exposures without trails, but the "pros" use EQ mounts that let them get several minute exposures.

I'm not ready to invest that much money or time since most of what I've been doing is from my apartment balcony.

Still, it is remarkable what we're able "see" just by gathering more photons.

Cheers

I completely agree with you. Getting a picture of something like a nebula is, to me at least, something extraordinary. The fact that you can get results from home without having to trek to Namibia or somewhere like that is incredible, though that's going to be on the 'holiday' list at some point.

I have a lathe and a mill so figured I would build something. It was a nice project over a week of evenings. I had all the materials so I'm calling it free. In reality the bits from my various parts bins probably cost more than buying a star tracker. I would dearly love an EQ mount and have book marked several but the arrival of "yet more hobby stuff" would not be met with approval

LOL! Certainly can relate to that!

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 Corelli's gear list:Corelli's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7R II Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow