Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Auf Reisen Contributing Member • Posts: 615
Re: Even taking into account that Robin is a master...

tomhongkong wrote:

So you would prefer a 12-100. Well there are people who would prefer an 18-250, or all sorts of other ranges, and it may not be for you. No need to get upset about it. Get real, Olympus are not entirely stupid and have no doubt done a market survey of what will sell best. If you really want 12-100 (and 14-150 is not good enough) there is a perfectly good lens for you, as you know...if you spend a little more. However the 12-100 will never deliver images to match any 12-200 at the long end (unless it is made of bottle glass0

You're barking up the wrong tree. Seriously, chill. Between the two of us, I don't think I'm the one being upset.

I repeatedly stated that I find the 12-200 a very suitable option that I am seriously considering.

I am exactly the target demographic for this type of lens and me remarking how I think an even better trade-off between capabilities and weight would have been achieved is not whining, it's adding to the discussion. And no, the 12-100 strikes a very different balance, what with it being quite a bit weightier.

Me sharing my thought process in considering this lens in a thread specifically about this lens is not exactly off-topic. Honestly, what kind of responses were you hoping for? Shall we all hold hands and sing the praises of 12-200, our Lens and Saviour?

Auf Reisen's gear list:Auf Reisen's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow